- Canada is probably the most visually beautiful country we’ve ever visited. It’s so diverse too, from the rainforests of British Columbia to the turquoise lakes of Alberta – there’s something to satisfy every traveller. That’s why we highly recommend adding ‘Canadian roadtrip’ to your next bucket list.
2. On your Canadian roadtrip, you will undoubtedly add lots of gems to your photo collection. We probably stopped at least once an hour on our roadtrip, because there were too many photo opportunities. You may also suffer from whiplash from turning your head every two seconds to admire the stunning views on either side of the road.
3. The drive from Lake Louise to Jasper is listed as one of National Geographic’s best in the world for spotting wildlife (read what they have to say here). We done it on a bleak rainy day (not ideal) but we still saw a Grizzly Bear, an Elk, countless deer, various species of birds, squirrels and raccoons. You MUST add this route to your Canadian roadtrip itinerary!
4. To find quirky restaurants like this one in Sicamous, British Columbia. I had a smoothie bowl – how have I never had one of these before?!!
5. Staying at bucket-list worthy hotels like the famous Banff Springs Hotel is certainly something not everyone can do on their Canadian roadtrip but if you’ve saved up a little extra we highly recommend treating yourself for a night or two.
Or you could stay at the wild and wonderful Jasper Park Lodge. With my job, I’m lucky enough to get luxury hotels like these for a fraction of the cost, even if you’re not getting a discount like we did I still highly recommend experiencing either of these properties. It’s certainly an experience I won’t be forgetting in a hurry.
6. To take epic photos like this one at the famous Lake Louise, Alberta. Despite how awesome this photo looks we were a little underwhelmed with this popular Lake, there were so many tourists which is to be expected but it made it seem a tad Disneyland-esque. We did go on a Sunday however, my recommendation is to visit early morning mid-week.
7. On your Canadian roadtrip be sure to get off the beaten track and explore deep into Jasper National Park. Jasper was our favourite stop-off of the roadtrip. It’s a massive area to explore and 3 nights simply wasn’t long enough, it’s very traditionally Canadian.
8. To experience that free feeling of a life on the road (even if it’s just for a week).
9. To always be photo-ready n your Canadian roadtrip. Always. Always. Despite constantly having a camera in my hand, my phone and laptop were never with me because when you’re experiencing all the natural beauty that Canada has to offer – why would you want to be online??
9. But the best thing about this trip was spending it with this guy, because he drove the whole way so I could sit back and enjoy the scenery (but mainly because he doesn’t trust me being in front of the wheel). Men eh? Can’t live with them, can’t live without them!